[pmmail-list] Help creating a spam filter

Clint pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 11 Feb 2001 15:54:39 -0500

Hi,

Thanks, I did read that part of the help file but I wasn't clear on how to set it up for
"unless the sender is in the address book." I tried adding each of the following lines in
turn to the end of the filter:

&! header.from=$ab$
&! header.from=ab

But I got a syntax error with either of these expressions :(.

I also tried &! header.from="$ab$ " and although there was no syntax error a test
message from myself was still deleted.

Maybe what I am trying to do isn't possible in PMMail, or I just haven't figured out the
correct expression. It would be useful to have PMMail apply spam filters only to those
senders not in my address book so that I wouldn't accidently lose mail from my friends
and family simply because they placed "!!" in the subject.

On Sun, 11 Feb 2001 21:15:24 +0100 (MEZ), Lueko Willms wrote:

>From the ICSL Help:

>Sample Filters
>
>      An unless construct can be implemented with the & ! (AND NOT)
>       syntax in ICSL.  An expression that would match if the message
>
>       had PMMail/2 v2.1 in the subject, unless it was from
>       pmmail@blueprintsoftwareworks.com would be defined as follows:
>

>            (header.subject.-s="PMMail/2 v2.1") &
>            (!(header.from="pmmail@blueprintsoftwareworks.com")

Clint