[pmmail-list] Help creating a spam filter

PMMail OS/2 Support pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 11 Feb 2001 20:37:48 -0400

On Sun, 11 Feb 2001 15:54:39 -0500, Clint wrote:

>Thanks, I did read that part of the help file but I wasn't clear on how to set it up for
>"unless the sender is in the address book." I tried adding each of the following lines in
>turn to the end of the filter:
>
>&! header.from=$ab$
>&! header.from=ab
>
>But I got a syntax error with either of these expressions :(.

You must use the dollar signs AND you must use quotation marks like
this:

&! header.from="$ab$"

However, note that h.from (or header.from) will look for an exact
match of the ENTIRE "From: " header line. Therefore if the person
sending the message has

"Kim Jones <kim@here.com>"

as her From: address and your address book has:

"Kimberly Jones <kim@here.com>"

It will NOT match. I recommend using

&! header.fromid="$ab$"

This will search only for the email address in the From: field and
see if it matches an entry in your address book.

--
Trevor Smith
PMMail/2 Technical Support