[pmmail-list] Help creating a spam filter

Lueko Willms pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 11 Feb 2001 22:01:23 +0100 (MEZ)

On Sun, 11 Feb 2001 14:24:52 -0500, Clint wrote:

> I went over the help file again and I found the answer to my own question :0. I see that
> using the -e parameter will do what I want. I do have another question about setting up a
> filter though. Is it possible to specify that a particular filter (a spam filter for example)
> should be applied UNLESS the sender is found in the address book?

  And also see this from the list of ICSL predefined variables:

----- cut here -----------

   $ab$            Using this variable on      F
                   the right side of a
                   filter expression will
                   take the search range
                   (left side of the
                   expression) and look it
                   up in the entire address
                   book manager. If the left
                   side is in your address
                   book then it returns
                   TRUE, otherwise, it
                   returns FALSE.  The
                   Alias, Real Name, and
                   E-Mail Address Fields of
                   the address book are
                   searched.

  The "F" in the third column says that this is usable in a filter.

Yours,
Lüko Willms
Frankfurt/Main
/ Lueko.Willms@T-Online.de