[pmmail-list] Help creating a spam filter

Clint pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 11 Feb 2001 21:00:10 -0500

Hello,

Thanks for the information and help. However I still can't get the filter to work properly. I
have a spam filter set up with the following parameters:

header.subject="$$" | header.subject="XXX" | header.subject="##" |
header.subject="make money" | header.subject="cash" | header.subject="stock" |
header.subject="invest" &! header.fromid="$ab$"

and the action set to delete the message.

I have tried sending myself a test message with the subject "Test XXX" but when I
receive the message back the spam filter still deletes the message although my e-mail
address is in the address book. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for the help.

On Sun, 11 Feb 2001 20:37:48 -0400, PMMail OS/2 Support wrote:

>On Sun, 11 Feb 2001 15:54:39 -0500, Clint wrote:
>
>>Thanks, I did read that part of the help file but I wasn't clear on how to set it up for
>>"unless the sender is in the address book." I tried adding each of the following lines in
>>turn to the end of the filter:
>>
>>&! header.from=$ab$
>>&! header.from=ab
>>
>>But I got a syntax error with either of these expressions :(.
>
>You must use the dollar signs AND you must use quotation marks like
>this:
>
>&! header.from="$ab$"
>
>However, note that h.from (or header.from) will look for an exact
>match of the ENTIRE "From: " header line. Therefore if the person
>sending the message has
>
>"Kim Jones <kim@here.com>"
>
>as her From: address and your address book has:
>
>"Kimberly Jones <kim@here.com>"
>
>It will NOT match. I recommend using
>
>&! header.fromid="$ab$"
>
>This will search only for the email address in the From: field and
>see if it matches an entry in your address book.
>

>--
>Trevor Smith
>PMMail/2 Technical Support
>pmmailos2@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
>
>- pmmail-list - The PMMail Dicussion List ---------------------------
>To POST to the list, send your message to
>pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com

>line of the message body being...

Clint