[pmmail-list] MIME associations on OS/2 (was: Re: 2.20.2100)

Bruce Francis pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 09:48:38 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 22 Feb 2001 08:13:03 +0100 (MEZ), Lueko Willms wrote:

>Similar problem for me here on OS/2:
>  I experience the same with simple text files where I associated
>EPM.
>  This is not found in the assoc.db, but shown when I edit the
>associations with PMMail.
>  Could it be that the interactive editing of the MIME associations
>is stored in one file, but the actual file view is called from the
>association in another file?

The OS/2 association is what is controlling this behavior.  I would
suggest that you get Henk Kelder's "Association Editor"  ASSOEDIT
(hobbes.nmsu.edu) and check the primary association of *.txt  or *txt
files at the operating system level.   Or you can just trying opening the
file in question from the OS/2 desktop to see what is associated primarily
with that file type.   ASSOEDIT  will let you change the associations
so that you're happy with them.

Email exchanged with BoB from SouthSide a few years ago made it
clear that PMMail/2 uses the OS/2 associations as much as possible
(and that's a *good* thing).

---
Bruce Francis              BFrancis@pobox.com
 For PGP Public key:  email with Subject "BFrancis Public Key"