[pmmail-list] ~Re: Download progress meter?

Ralph Cohen pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 25 Feb 2001 15:55:30 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 25 Feb 2001 12:34:45 -0800 (PST), Kris Sorem Sr wrote:

>>I think that the request for a simple way to cancel a send or retrieve
>>process is very resonable.  It is a direct and simple solution for a
>>multitude of situations and should be relatively easy to implement.
>
>At no point did I suggest the request was unreasonable. I just prefer that
>BSW apply time and resources to problems that have no current solution
>/before/ using time and resources to requests that have a current
>solution. I pointed out the existing solution.

As far as I am aware, there is currently no solution, short of pulling
the plug, that can stop PMMail from uploading or downloading a message
while in progress.  As someone who migrated from PRM to PMMail a couple
of years ago, loss of that function is one of the things about PMMail
that annoys me the most.

Ralph

rpcohen@neurotron.com