[pmmail-list] ~Re: Download progress meter?

Andreas Ludwig pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 10:31:15 +0100 (MEZ)

On Sun, 25 Feb 2001 18:41:49 +0100 (MEZ), Lueko Willms wrote:

>>  Probably downloading the headers
>> of all the messages that are too large could be an idea...
>
>  Then just use "Remote Control"

Yeah. Sure. Believe me, I know how to use these features.
What I wanted to say was: If a message is too large to be downloaded,
it will stay on the server and you will not receive any message that
there is a messages not downloaded because of its size. So you have to
check the account(s) regularly using the remote control - which defeats
the idea of checking accounts automatically to some extent.
So I suggest to give the user either a possibility to skip large
messages during download (so I know I skipped a message) or at least
inform the user that a message has been skipped automatically.

Regards

Andreas

--

Andreas Ludwig
from the beautiful town of POTSDAM (Germany)