[pmmail-list] Another feature I'd like

Ralph Cohen pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 25 Feb 2001 18:00:39 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 25 Feb 2001 17:25:46 -0500, Steve Ewing wrote:

>In my own situation I get an awful lot of messages that don't demand my immediate attention (such as emails to this list): I  want to turn off the new message indicator after having looked at the subjects, which I can see by right-clicking on the icon in the taskbar.  That will allow me to be alerted to future new messages: at present I can ignore the blinking (that is an option, I mean: I find it impossible to do in practice) and just listen for the sound of a new incoming, or open an email whether I want to read it right then or not,
which will turn off the blinking.

I have a similar situation in that I receive a lot of email but only
some it deserves immediate attention.  I've been pretty successful in
filtering that mail to one particular folder, so what I did was
associate a sound file with the filter so that a distinctive sound is
made when an "important" message arrives.  I have found this to be very
effective in getting my attention and it relieves me of having to open
up the program every time the incoming indicator blinks or the bell
sounds just to see if the message that came in was "important".

Ralph Cohen

rpcohen@neurotron.com