[pmmail-list] ~Re: Download progress meter?

Kris Sorem Sr pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 00:18:53 -0800 (PST)

On Sun, 25 Feb 2001 13:08:43 +0000, jay gee wrote:

>A two or three step process.

Does everything need to be a one step process?

>Having a simple kill/delete download switch to eradicate
>unsolicited file attachments is a much more helpful
>solution and a nice feature.

I wouldn't throw around the word 'simple'. What appears simple can have a
complex solution and introduce more functionality problems. Do you know
what is involved in aborting a message fetch yet delete that message? Just
aborting the fetch of the message will leave it on your server (just like
skipping by size does now). Deleting before complete download? What if
that introduced a bug that results in lost messages? I think a user should
do a little homework on what is required to accomplish the function then
maybe the request might not be made.

>BTW, I vote for a hot key combo as opposed to an
>icon or button on the tool bar.

And then we'll be reading a user's message saying 'I didn't know it would
do that. Is there anyway to turn off this function?'.
--
JMO,
/s/~Kris