[pmmail-list] ~Re: Another feature I'd like

PMMail OS/2 Support pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 16:24:13 -0400 (AST)

On Wed, 28 Feb 2001 13:20:04 -0500 (EST), Ralph Cohen wrote:

>I don't think so, unless I misunderstand what is being done what you
>mean by rearranging the folders.  If we're talking about changing the
>structure of the folder tree, i.e. moving the folder to a different or
>new branch, then I believe the filters do break since they refer to
>specific folders in specific branches of the tree.

No, the filters do not break. As long as you do not modify the
folder.ini and make sure you're dragging and dropping whole folders,
PMMail/2 keeps track of where they are when it next restarts.

I have just tested it moving a subfolder to be the child of another
folder and even burying it a few levels deep.

The folders all have a unique ID # and it is this that PMMail uses to
identify them in filters. If you use your method of creating a new
folder, it will have a new id # (obviously) and filters that refer to
the old one will stop working. If you use the recommended method
(using OS/2's built-in folder drag-and-drop), the filters continue to
work.

--
Trevor Smith
PMMail/2 Technical Support