[pmmail-list] Arrgh... all but 1 account is gone!

PMMail OS/2 Support pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 09 Jan 2001 05:42:41 -0400 (AST)

On Tue, 09 Jan 2001 11:15:11 +1100 (EDT), Rod... Whitworth wrote:

>I just did a reinstall and as before I was accepting all the defaults when I noticed that it was being
>supersafe and installing to a test directory. I missed this before and because it picked up one of my accounts
>I figured that it was in the same place.

Weird. Jimmy/Peter, is this something the beta is built to do? It's a
good idea, I just didn't know about it.

>Thanx for the speedy reply. Maybe some others did not notice the path too and will see this.

Strangely, I did notice the path when I installed. However, the
PMMail installation program always remembers your last installation
path and uses it for the next installation, unless you specify
otherwise. I have often installed various versions of PMMail (for
tech support testing purposes) and usually use a directory called
\Test so I just assumed the new beta was picking up on my last
install path. I guess it was doing its own thing after all. :-)

--
Trevor Smith
PMMail/2 Technical Support