[pmmail-list] PMMail/2 2.20.2030

Frank Winkler - Sun Germany REOS - Munich pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 12:25:14 +0100 (MET)

Hi Trevor !

 >>Absolutely! But I already wrote that all one week ago. Here are the
 >>symptoms again:
 >>
 >> - if I assign the WPS object to the 2.20.2030 binary, there is no
 >>   icon
 >> - when I try to launch it, it appears in the process list but since
 >>   there's something it doesn't like I neither get a PM window nor an
 >>   entry in the window list
 >> - after killing this orphan process I can start 2.10.2010
 >>
 >>Otherwise, I would have posted my experiences with the beta :) ...
 >
 >can you list again your system level (including fixpaks), any wps or
 >other enhancers you have running, etc.? Can you try

I have Warp 4 with FP #7 and some tools like X-it, X-file, ...

 >closing/deinstalling all other software (one item at a time) until
 >you have only pmmail/2 running to see if you can find a conflict
 >somewhere? I only ask this of you because the exe seems to run fine
 >in so many other places.

Such a conflict would explain the fact that the program won't start but
why is there no icon? This rather looks like a corrupt file ...
Ok Trevor, I'll try to shut down some of the other tools I'm running and
keep you informed.

Regards

Frank Winkler                             frank.winkler@germany.sun.com
Sun Microsystems - Remote Admin Center
Sonnenallee 1                                   Voice +49 89 46008.2755
85551 Heimstetten - Germany                       Fax +49 89 46008.2740