[pmmail-list] SMTP Auth Re: timeouts

Jimmy S. McCorquodale, Jr. pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 21:24:01 -0500

>>We are not having any delays sending through SMTP authenticating
>>servers here (Peters reports no more than a second ot two).  He
>>believes that it is an issue with your server.
>
>Come on, Jimmy! This is not a valid answer.
>
>People are reporting problems with the beta release they did not have
>before deploying the beta release. Do you really want to tell the
>community they are dump?

I do acknowledge that the beta release has caused a few problems, it
has also fixed quite a few of them.  That is one of the reasons it is a
beta release.

As for your complaints on the SMTP authentication, I am very busy here
so I have been skimming the list.  I may have missed other messages,
but thus far I have only recall having one report of a problem with the
SMTP Authentication causing a delay.  I have not seen it here (Windows
or OS/2), and some people I have been in contact with regarding it are
having no trouble whatsoever as well.

I have activated it for a couple of my accounts here and am having no
problems with them either.  If anyone else is having trouble or a delay
with the SMTP authentication please mail me and let me know
support@blueprintsoftwareworks.com (any mail to jimmym@... with
pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com in the header gets caught by my
filter).

I am setting up an account with GMX to try it here now (if the page
will ever load, been 4 and a half minutes now using Opera on the LAN).
Will et you know.

Thanks,

jimmy

Jimmy S. McCorquodale, Jr.