[pmmail-list] Suggestion: RMB save new message here

Kris Sorem Sr pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 13 Jan 2001 13:43:49 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 19 Dec 2000 09:35:14 -0600 (CST), Maynard Riley wrote:

>I'd like to see the ability to RMB on a folder, have a popup entry for
>'New Message', which message is saved to the selected folder rather
>than the Sent folder, and bypassing filters for outgoing post-send
>filters.

IMO, adds overhead coding for a feature that already exists. Why bypass
outgoing post-send filters? PMMail is a very flexible, powerful program
with ICSL and Rexx support. Every user has a unique circumstance. ICSL and
Rexx permits users to tailor it to their circumstance. Coding for those
circumstances adds unneeded overhead and reduces flexibility.

>The inspiration for this is that several of my regular contacts are
>involved in different projects which I store in project folders rather
>than by person. There are 'work arounds' of course, but I thought to
>toss the idea out here for broad consideration.

You must have some criteria for storing a message in a particular project
folder. Create an incoming and outgoing post-send joint filter using that
criteria. Place the filter ahead of other filters that check by person.

>A feature which could be added to this capability would be to have a
>different 'template' for each folder, with pre-selected default
>distribution lists, greeting, sig, etc.

This amounts to the equivalent of a mailing list for each folder. If you
need mailing list features, use already existing programs that work with
or without PMMail. PMMail doesn't need mailing list features built into
it.
--
JMO,
/s/~Kris