[pmmail-list] bug report for PMMail Pro 2.20.2030 with PGP

Robert Dahlem pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 21:03:03 +0100

Kris,

On Sat, 13 Jan 2001 15:06:00 -0800 (PST), Kris Sorem Sr wrote:

>>Would you guys PLEASE consider trying something like a regression test
>>before throwing betas on the market? :-(
>
>Critical comment on a beta?

Indeed.

>Alpha/Beta means it is not acceptable for general release.

Dou you really want to say its typical for a beta release to tell people
a long standing bug were fixed and the first attempt proves noone ether
bothered to test that fix? Come on ...

>>Yet another point: I tried to reinstall 2.10.2010 over the beta. What
>>it came up with was still 2.20.2030. I had to rename PMMAILW.EXE and
>>to reinstall. Now: Are there still beta DLLs around on my system?

>SOP
>NEVER install an  Alpha/Beta version over a general release. Enough
>said.

Seems you do not understand the point: The production release did not
overwrite PMMAIL.EXE (whatever was in there). Perhaps someone should
have a look into the installation routine.

BTW: Dou you _know_ which DLLs were installed into the system? And at
which place? I do not: it's not documented anywhere.

Do you really want to say its normal to setup a complete new system when
evaluating a beta release? Come on ...

Regards,
        Robert

Robert.Dahlem@gmx.net           Fax +49-69-432647

Sent using PMMail (http://www.pmmail2000.com) - fast, decent, email
software; far better than Outlook. Try it sometime.