[pmmail-list] Expired PGP key

Robert Dahlem pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 21:35:06 +0100

Hi,

My PGP key expires 01/31/2001. I generated a new key and tried to convince
PMMail 2.10.2010 to use the new key:

Account / Properties / Security : both keys show up. Left klick on the new
key, Add User ID (the help says "This tool can be used to associate the
current account's user ID with a Private (secret) key."), but after typing
in the passphrase, PMMails tells me "duplicate UserID".

Ok, next try: Tools / Address Book / RMB on my own address / Security: it
uses my old key. Creating a new address insists on using the old key
although the old key is marked as disabled and untrusted.

I could delete the old key but that would leave me unable to decrypt old
messages.

And now?

Regards,
        Robert

Robert.Dahlem@gmx.net           Fax +49-69-432647

Sent using PMMail (http://www.pmmail2000.com) - fast, decent, email
software; far better than Outlook. Try it sometime.