[pmmail-list] Subject after REXX-Exit in Filter and Index Entry

Lueko Willms pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 20 Jan 2001 11:25:39 +0100 (MEZ)

  I have written a REXX-Script for a filter which edits the Subject
header line in certain messages, but this change is not reflected in
the message list entry.

  I have activated the following actions in the filter:

1. Call the script to change the Subject;
2. Move the message to the corresponding folder;
3. Inform user;

   What can I do so that PMMail uses the changed Subject line for the
folder index?

   The "Set Subject" action doesn't help me, obviously, since I would
have to give a fixed subject for all messages, which is what I want
to get rid of.

   To explain my reasons to the purists: this filter deals with
messages from a web-based discussion forum, which inform me about new
entries in the forum. The problem is that all messages have the same
Subject line ("New message in the forum"), and I pick up the actual
subject from the body of the message and move it into the Subject
header. I do this obviously to have this actual subject displayed in
the message index, and not the original one which contains no
information...

Yours,
Lüko Willms
Frankfurt/Main