[pmmail-list] Subject after REXX-Exit in Filter and Index Entry

Paul Ratcliffe pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 20 Jan 2001 19:39:19 +0000 (GMT)

On Sat, 20 Jan 2001 11:25:39 +0100 (MEZ), Lueko Willms wrote:

>  I have written a REXX-Script for a filter which edits the Subject
>header line in certain messages, but this change is not reflected in
>the message list entry.

I tried to do this a few months ago and found you can't do it as you
would expect to do it using the normal Filters.
You have to filter using the Message Receive Exit (via Account
Settings/Rexx dialog) which is less than ideal.
I use this to filter out the rubbish you get from Egroups for example.
I know what group it is by where it gets filtered to, so don't want it
in the subject field.

It would be nice if this could be modified to work as we expect.