[pmmail-list] Subject after REXX-Exit in Filter and Index Entry

Lueko Willms pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 21 Jan 2001 08:53:20 +0100 (MEZ)

On Sat, 20 Jan 2001 19:39:19 +0000 (GMT), Paul Ratcliffe wrote:

> On Sat, 20 Jan 2001 11:25:39 +0100 (MEZ), Lueko Willms wrote:
>
> >  I have written a REXX-Script for a filter which edits the Subject
> >header line in certain messages, but this change is not reflected in
> >the message list entry.
>
> I tried to do this a few months ago and found you can't do it as you
> would expect to do it using the normal Filters.

  I would have to shut down PMMail, delete the respective entries in
the FOLDER.BAG and then reindex the folder. Only then does PMMail use
the changed subject.

  Or, as you write, by filtering in the message receive exit, but
this would require to look into each and every message, before and
instead of the filtering process done by PMMail's own filter
configuration.

> It would be nice if this could be modified to work as we expect.

  It would be good if we could specify the ISCL variable $h.subject$
as the value for the SetSubject action in the filter, to get PMMail
to look at the changed subject line again.

Yours,
Lüko Willms
Frankfurt/Main
/ Lueko.Willms@T-Online.de