[pmmail-list] sick of 2.20.2030 - where are the real important features?

Kris Sorem Sr pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 20 Jan 2001 19:49:20 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 17 Jan 2001 06:45:26 +0100, Stefan Kirch wrote:

>After downloading and installing the new version 2.20.2030
>for windows, I'm very disapointed about the "new" features.
>All I found was this SMTP-Authentification and one or two
>other slight options like changing the char for quoting
>messages.

I would support inclusion of features most frequently requested by the
majority of users. The features above probably fit that category. I don't
support minor features that bloat PMMail to satisfy isolated cases for a
minority of users.

>Where are the real important things, which me and some others
>mentioned month ago?

These may be important to you but most likely a low priority to a majority
of users. Can you make a case for inclusion of these features ie benefits
to a majority of users in most common circumstances?

>* Setting for an address-book-entry to
>   - encrypt an email to this recipient by default

There are some users who would argue that if you are encrypting messages
you should do it all the time.

>   - sign an email to this recipient by default
>   - use signature xyz for this recipient by default

If you are auto-replying, you already have the option to include the
signature of your choice. If you are not, what benefit is there for the
majority of users. It takes very little time to select the signature of
your choice.

>   - use html for this recipient by default

There are many users who object to html email altogether.

>* Possiblity to exclude an account of "Fetch all"

Then it wouldn't be "Fetch all" - would it? It would be fetch some.
Explain the significant benefit gained in fetching only some accounts
since it will most likely increase program response time.

>* Strip attachments from within the gui (not with this horrible
>  rexx/dos-utility)

Why should your email program cleanup your hard disk for you? Keep the
attachment - dump the email, or dump the email. Alternatively, do it
yourself or buy a separate program to do it for you.
--
JMO,
/s/~Kris