[pmmail-list] Feature Request: Encrypt when key present

Peter Jespersen pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 19:58:32 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 22 Jan 2001 13:55:04, Brian Morrison wrote:

>On Mon, 22 Jan 2001 05:29:30 -0800, John Bridges wrote:
>
>>Why would you ever quote a PGP'd message
>>in open text by default!!
>
>I'd take the view that it should not be possible to cut and paste from
>or to reply to an encrypted mail without expressly agreeing to this.
>
>There needs to be a security warning if you try this.
>
>Is this possible in PMMail? As time goes on this is going to become a
>bigger and bigger issue.

I'd guess that would only make real sense if the stored latters
also are incrypted, not just stored in ASCII format like they
are today...

Live long and prosper...
Peter Jespersen, Team OS/2 Denmark
flywheel@worldonline.dk
http://www.worldonline.dk/~flywheel/
quod dixi, dixi (what I have said, I have said)