[pmmail-list] Feature Request: Encrypt when key present

Bruce Francis pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 23:43:07 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 23 Jan 2001 19:58:59 -0800, John Bridges wrote:

>On Wed, 24 Jan 2001 00:47:09 +0100, Robert Dahlem wrote:
>>>I would want it to have a look into the public key ring. Just like the
>>Windows version does.
>
>Is there a PGP API for OS/2 for PMMail to use?  Again, I'm under the

No there is not -- the OS/2 version makes an external call to PGPK.exe....
  (which would be laboriously slow for the use described)

>>>Plus what do you do when you address a message to multiple recipients
>>>where some have keys and some don't.
>>Is that really the situation we talk about? We are talking about
>>replying to encrypted messages and your are talking about a message with
>>a bunch of recipients. This is "missing the topic".
>I thought we were talking about the request to have PMMail "know" which
>addresses have keys ahead of time, so that it would only turn on the PGP
>button if it "knows" ahead of time the recipient has a key. I was going into
>all the complications that request raises.
>>>format of the address book (adding new fields would require that).
>>The is NO NEED to change the format of the address book. The address
>>book has nothing to do with PGP!
>
>I was addressing the request to add a new button to the address book to send
>all mail to that address with PGP.

Yes, and I again add to your chorus:  any changes of this magnitude will
(likely) break another application (PMINews) which uses the *same*
address book!    I don't see how new additions can be made to the address
book without doing this....

---
Bruce Francis              BFrancis@pobox.com
 For PGP Public key:  email with Subject "BFrancis Public Key"