[pmmail-list] pmmail-list] Re: Feature Request: Encrypt when key present

Skip Huffman pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 10:42:50 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 25 Jan 2001 21:36:25 -0800 (PST), Kris Sorem Sr wrote:

>I take the view that either every message is encrypted or no message is
>encrypted. Why encrypt just some messages? To me, this draws more
>attention to the encrypted messages. I also take the view that once you
>transmit information it is no longer within your control.

Kris,
You might want to take a few minutes to reread the manuals for
PGP.  It appears that you do not understand the way that PGP,
and public key encryption in general, works.  In twelver words:
"If I don't send you my key, you can't encrypt to me."

Skip
--
"Humans are allergic to change. They love to say, 'We've always
done it this way.' I try to fight that. That's why I have a clock on