[pmmail-list] pmmail-list] Re: Feature Request: Encrypt when key present

Kris Sorem Sr pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 21:36:25 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 22 Jan 2001 06:28:55 +0100 (MEZ), Lueko Willms wrote:

>   In the mean time, I had a look at it and I think that PMMail
>should encrypt by default any message to a recipient, where a key is
>known for, unless a switch in the address book (or "disable key")
>prevents it.

I take the view that either every message is encrypted or no message is
encrypted. Why encrypt just some messages? To me, this draws more
attention to the encrypted messages. I also take the view that once you
transmit information it is no longer within your control.
--
JMO,
/s/~Kris