[pmmail-list] Linux version

John Drabik pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 19:25:47 -0700 (MST)

On Mon, 15 Jan 2001 14:54:16 -0500, Gene Gough wrote:
>=>>On Mon, 15 Jan 2001 15:57:47 +1100 (EDT), Rod... Whitworth wrote:
>=>>>>I use Linux every day now.  I can say this: In a world of free, open
>=>>>>source software, I would ***GLADLY*** pay for a decent e-mail client
>=>>>>for Linux.

Actually, I'm the person who wrote that.  I'm now ready to amplify
it:

If BSW produces, sells, and delivers a native Linux version of PMMail
by June 1, 2001, I will (despite being a lifetime registered OS/2
owner) pay *** $500.00 *** for that Linux version.  This version must
be functionally equivalent to the current OS/2 version, or better.

I do this for two reasons: 1) because I still need a decent Linux
e-mail client, and 2) to help foster some serious Linux development.

There you have it, Jimmy et. al.   $500 for a Linux version, IFF you
deliver by June 1, 2001.  That's the equivalent of about 10 other
people signing up.  The offer is serious, and is good until June 1.
After that, I'll still buy a copy - but only at the typical upgrade
price.

John