[pmmail-list] SMTP Auth doesn't use PLAIN

Joachim F. Selinger pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 2 Jul 2001 17:43:50 +0200 (CEST)

--1166131744-596516649-994089186=:27193

Hi!

I think I mentioned it somewhere before but I'm not sure.

I try to use PMMail/2 with SMTP Auth but it obviously doesn't use the
PLAIN authentication that is offered by my POP server. As our (I'm admin
at my ISP as well) user database never saves original passwords but only
DES encrypted ones, I can't use any challenge authentication, as that
would require the plain password to be available on the server side.

Is there a problem with our setup or does PMMail/2 not support
authentication PLAIN? I still wonder where I have to look for the problem.

Thanks for giving me a pointer!

Jocki