[pmmail-list] Setting Chars/Line

Dave Hathaway pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 03 Jul 2001 09:09:54 -0500

Right click on the account, and choose settings.  Under the SEND tab,
you can choose how to wrap messages.  I do it two ways:

* I normally set my options to WYSIWYG.  I have carefully sized my
  window to be about 70 characters wide (I use a fixed-width font and
  eschew HTML formatting).  I used Window->SaveWindowPosition to save
  this width.  New messages are then automatically sent at around 70
  characters.  The scroll bar messes things up, since it makes the
  compose widow a few characters smaller.

* For replies, I notice that many folk apparently compose in a non-
  fixed width font or set their margins too wide.  This I right-click
  on the bar at the bottom, to change from WYSIWYG to No Wrap.  Then
  I just hit carriage return at the end of my lines.  Thus my text is
  RFC-compliant 70 characters wide regardless of what others do.

I realize there is probably a setting or command to reformat when
replying, but I grew up using a typewriter and hitting return is No
Big Deal to me.

HTH,

Dave