[pmmail-list] In LDAP found, and then?

Lueko Willms pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 09 Jul 2001 10:17:49 +0200 (MES)

  I have installed several PMMail 2000 clients in a small workgroup, with
VPOP3 on the NT-server as the local POP3 and SMTP server.

  VPOP3 also supports LDAP as the local LDAP server (although I don't see no
way to configure an "upstream" LDAP server for looking up in case the local
server doesn't find anything).

  PMMail works fine, at first sight, to use LDAP for finding addresses in the
VPOP3 LDAP server, but what do I do then? I could not see a way to create a
new message to the address found by LDAP, and I also dont see a way from the
compose window to consult the LDAP address base.

  The only way to process the address found seems to be to build a new address
book group with the address found.

  I would very much like to use VPOP3 as the keeper of the central and common
address book for the workgroup.

  Is there a way to do this with PMMail in a sensible way?

Yours,
Lüko Willms
Frankfurt/Main
/ Lueko.Willms@T-Online.de