[pmmail-list] question about accounts

Bruce Francis pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 13:54:46 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 12 Jul 2001 18:39:05 +0200 (MSZ), Boris Kirkorowicz wrote:

>OK, that works, but it is slow and takes much more time, effort and
>knowledge to set it up than simply chose an account from a menu. And as
>you mentioned before you have to tell it some dozens -if not hundreds-
>of times to all the end users who just want to do some email. And the
>users who did not join this list will ask each one for himself...
>
>For the owners of the source code however it should not take more than
>some copy&paste operation plus some lines around. Only once. And it
>looks much nicer. ;-)

Hey, I'm not disputing what you say, except it is not slow on my Pent133
which isn't exactly a fast machine, and certainly it takes more effort for
you to do it than to have someone else do it but it didn't take me much time
at all to do this in my PMMail setup.   (I do think you are underestimating
the time it takes to modify code that you have not written yourself).

You *did* clip out a very pertinent section of what I wrote:

"                                                                                         Don't have to all
hold our breaths waiting for BSW to release some new fix.....  I gave
up on holding mine many months ago."

I don't know how familiar you are with the product, but BSW bought
PMMail about 22 months ago.  What *substantial* changes have you seen
to the program in that time?   (other than the change to the copyright
holder's name, icon for the program, contact points, etc)

This list is used by everyone to create their own great set of features, and
everyone has great and wonderful reasons for their own to be done *now*.
We're coming up soon on the 2 YEAR Anniversary of change in ownership
of the product, we've been promised this and that, and I for one haven't
seen much.

I gave you a method that will work right now, today.  Of course you certainly
*can* wait until it is implemented in the source code as you suggest................

---
Bruce Francis              BFrancis@pobox.com
 For PGP Public key:  email with Subject "BFrancis Public Key"