[pmmail-list] Stupid PGP question(s)

Stefan Kirch pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 14 Jul 2001 19:08:47 +0200

On Sat, 14 Jul 2001 11:20:18 -0400, Andrew Webber wrote:

>Or do I _have_ to have secring.pkr?

Yes.

>If I install PGP outside PMMail on another machine, should I be
>able to recreate the same private key, or will the same passphrase
>always produce a different private key?

Once again: The passphrase has nothing to do with the content,
so you can use the same passphrases with different private keys
(and BTW: you also can use different passphrases on different
systems to the same private key). The passphrase is only a
protection - that's all! e.g. you also be able to change the
passphrase of your private key and the private key stays the
same.

Once again - I really don't want to be rude, but please go with
such questions to the pgp-forums, mailing-lists, faq's or whatever.
Ok?

Sorry for that!

  Stefan