[pmmail-list] PMMail message archiving <#@$%>

Randy Fowler pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 15 Jul 2001 12:50:41 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 15 Jul 2001 12:27:21 -0400 (EDT), Bruce Francis wrote:

>>Well OK, I know it was a dumb thing to do, but I let my eComStation
>>folder grow past 16K messages, which apparently PMMail/2 (2.20.2300)
>>didn't like.
>
>Trevor,
>
>Is this a known bug with PMMail/2 ?

Hi Bruce,

Here's a little more info on what happened.  I got up Sat morning and
retrived my mail.  While pulling them down, my Warp 4 FP 12 notebook
became totally unresponsive and I had to CAD, then even
C-A-S+NumLk/NumLk to cold boot.  Upon rebooting, I tried to re-index
the folders with PMMail to make sure everything was OK.  When I got to
the eComSta folder, it wouldn't re-index.  Gosh now I can't remember
exactly what occured next. I believe it appeared to lock up again and
I had to reboot.  Once I got rid of the excess messages, I was able to
re-index OK.  Now everything seems to be just peachy.

Randy