[pmmail-list] PMMail message archiving <#@$%>

PMMail OS/2 Support pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 13:23:18 -0300

On Sun, 15 Jul 2001 12:27:21 -0400 (EDT), Bruce Francis wrote:

>Is this a known bug with PMMail/2 ?

Umm... no?

I don't know for sure. I have had random reports of "strange things"
(my definition) happening with large #s of messages in PMMail/2.
However, I've never been able to establish that any certain # of
messages in a folder will actually _cause_ these "strange things"
(i.e. I can't reproduce the problems).

However, in general, I always rationalize this: PMMail was probably
not originally written with the anticipation of 16,000 messages in a
folder and, since we're relying on the actual OS file system to do
most of the work, who knows what might happen in this situation? I
don't. :-(

--
Trevor Smith
PMMail/2 Technical Support