[pmmail-list] newlines in filters? -- Sircam virus/worm

Dave Hathaway pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 28 Jul 2001 16:13:30 -0500

On Sat, 28 Jul 2001 16:35:26 -0400 (EDT), Ralph Cohen wrote:

>Thanks, Lueko.  I have also read about the alternative "middle lines"
>but the only ones I've received so far have had the two lines I noted
>in my filter setup.

Thanks Ralph, Lueko, and Maynard.  I outta just move 'em using a
simple filter, but thus far I have sent a canned reply letting though
they have been infected (in case they don't know).  I am parsing them
just to be able to send the canned reply... otherwise I would simply
delete them.

Interestingly, I too have only gotten a single variant although I know
there are many.  Does anyone know how big the virus is?  All the mail
I have is >200K, which is my first clue. :)  Pretty fat worm... but
then it targets Windoze, doesn't it?

But none of your replies answer as to whether I can use newlines in
filters. :)  At this point, it is just curiousity.

Dave