[pmmail-list] Complex filter for virus update

Maynard pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 30 Jul 2001 16:28:56 -0500 (CDT)

regarding the filter
>>h-s="date: " & a="YES"

Appreciative of the feedback received so far, I note the following:

On Mon, 30 Jul 2001 10:24:50 -0700, Dian Welle wrote:
>Caught the SirCam, but did catch three false positives.    Seems to
>catch all attachments.

I had it catch an attachment also; which it shouldn't unless the first
argument is also true. In this case of false positive, there was a
"date " [note no colon] string in the message body, but that shouldn't
count.

and Lko Willms asked:
>Do you think that the PMMail filter is case sensitive?

The -s is supposed to make it case sensitive, and since it hasn't
trapped all the standard "Date: " headers, I'd say that part is
working.

So far, the lower case "date: " string in the header appears to be
working, and may be useful without the "a="YES" test.

And it appears that the filtering in PMMail (/2 v2.00.15) is broken.

-Maynard