[pmmail-list] PMMail New Features List

Gregory L. Marx pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 01 Jun 2001 09:27:17 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 01 Jun 2001 07:35:05 -0500 (CDT), Maynard Riley wrote:

Back at you Maynard !!!

>Hi Greg,
>
>>Anyway, IMO the single biggest feature that PMMail/2 needs is support for HTML/RTF ...
>
>as long as we aren't forced to endure HTML/RTF rendering in the mail
>client; I support the current feature to view such onerous content in
>the browser.

Yuck !!!  Loading up Communicator/2 to read an email would suck bigtime - IMO !!!
Unless they could utilize the Gecko engine from Mozilla, which hopefully would be smaller and faster ...

>>I know we have hashed this out and had flame wars over it on this and Steve's list
>
>Is Steve's list still active? still ranting?

I really don't know ... I moved to this list and haven't looked back ...

>... but IMO when users come over to eCS from the windows
>
>Well, .... my thinking is that if anybody does come to eCS from
>Windows, it is because they are tired of the MS crap and are looking
>for relief from all that proprietary insecure worthless fluff, like
>HTML email. If they like this sh*t, they'll stay with Win.

Well ... you may be right ...
But you also could be wrong and they come over because of stability and other system issues ...
In which case they may very well expect to have HTML mail support in a separate free-standing client ...

Only time will tell I suppose ...

Greg