[pmmail-list] Netscape 6

Kenneth Porter pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 01 Jun 2001 17:21:18 -0700

On Fri, 01 Jun 2001 16:24:02 -0700, David M. Nelson wrote:

>Are you saying that Netscape (or whatever they are using) doesn't
>automatically generate multipart/alternative when sending HTML?  I
>always thought it did.  I.e., it includes both text and HTML versions
>of the *same* document.  I would just prefer the option to view the
>plain text (when present), rather than all the extraneous formatting
>that only increase file size without adding content.

Just checked, and the message I received has only text/html, no
separate text section.

If I do receive multipart, I would prefer to see the text, with the
HTML equivalent shown as an attachment. I think this is normally the
case, as I *have* gotten messages that look like that. The attachment
icon is the Communicator ship's wheel, since that's my default browser.

My friend is less than happy with Netscape 6. She got dragged into the
upgrade as a side effect of an AOL upgrade and was considering
back-revving to v4.

Ken
mailto:shiva@well.com
http://www.sewingwitch.com/ken/
[If answering a mailing list posting, please don't cc me your reply. I'll take my answer on the list.]