[pmmail-list] PMMail New Features List

Gregory L. Marx pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 01 Jun 2001 20:31:24 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 01 Jun 2001 13:37:21 -0400, Jimmy S. McCorquodale, Jr. wrote:

<snip>

>As for a two track development, a yes and a no.  There have been two versions using different 3rd party editors for the display and editing of
>HTML, these however have not been released and the editor been put on hold while we work on the existing versions.  The reason for two
>different versions using the editor was one was found to be quite slow and limited in its display of HTML.  This was the original one which
>was worked with provided the source code, and had planned to use it for the OS/2 version of PMMail.
>
>The editor which was used most recently and Peter is quite fond of is TX Text Control.  It looks as though we will go with this one.   For more
>information on it for those of you who are interested, please see http://www.textcontrol.com .   The editorfunctions will be available in PMMail
>with the 3.0 release.

I'm happy for the updated info ... really I am ...
But I just checked the textcontrol.com website and from what I can see there isn't a OS/2 version of the Editor control ...

So it begs the obvious question ...
If this is the HTML "engine" behind version 3 then what can we expect in the OS/2 version ???

I know that it has taken a lot to get this updated info today ... but please can you comment on this Jimmy ???

It'd be very much appreciated ...

Thanks,
Greg