[pmmail-list] PMMail/2 crashing

Francis pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 02 Jun 2001 13:29:07 +0100 (BST)

On Sat, 02 Jun 2001 09:03:11 -0300, PMMail OS/2 Support wrote:

>On Sat, 02 Jun 2001 12:27:50 +0100 (BST), Francis wrote:
>>All of a sudden when creating a new message, if I  right click in the
>>"to" field to bring up my address book, PMMail/2 crashes.  ISTR remeber
>>this happening before and in just one folder (solved by a re-index) but
>>this is now in every folder.
>
>I don't know the solution, sorry, but can you give me more info on
>this problem? What do you mean, "every folder"? Do you have many
>addresses available from the pop-up menu? If you install a brand new
>installation of PMMail/2 to a completely different directory (as long
>as you make SURE that you choose a completely new path, this will not
>affect your current installation), does the problem appear there?

I have an account with multiple folders to handle mailing lists.  The
original time this problem occured, it only  happened if i tried to
create a message while I was in a particular folder.  Creating a
message when in any other folder exhibited no problem.  When I
re-indexed the problem folder, it appeared to solve the issue.

Today, the same problem has re-appeared except this time it affects all
folders in the account.  Re-indexing does not solve it.

There are few addresses avaible in the pop-up menu.  The problem does
not appear in a (new path) installation.

Interestingly, I moved the PMMail directory to another drive and then
back when I had to do a re-install a few days back.  Now I appear to
have a "ghost" address book. i.e. if I use the Tools menu to add a
sender's address to an address book, the requester page for the address
books comes up but the first entry has no name (it is a blank line),
but if I tick "edit first" - up comes the original address book. [I
thought it had gone and created an new one.]

Regards,

Francis