[pmmail-list] Another blank message (HTML)

Kenneth Porter pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 08 Jun 2001 17:06:10 -0700

On Fri, 08 Jun 2001 09:49:39 -0500, Dave Hathaway wrote:

>Embed an image that is downloaded from their server and tells
>them I have read the mail.  Many, if not most, commercial HTML
>messages contain these things, sometimes with a pixel-sized GIF that
>you don't even know is there.  HTML mail represents a dangerous
>invasion of my privacy.  It should be discouraged instead of
>supported.

Amen!

These images are called "web bugs". You can find lots of information
about them here:

http://www.privacyfoundation.org/resources/

Ken
mailto:shiva@well.com
http://www.sewingwitch.com/ken/
[If answering a mailing list posting, please don't cc me your reply. I'll take my answer on the list.]