[pmmail-list] What about the PGP issue I wrote a week ago?

Dave Hathaway pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 08 Jun 2001 09:54:08 -0500

On Fri, 08 Jun 2001 15:12:53 +0200, Sven Schumacher wrote:

>Hi people,
>
>I have a problem here to reopen self written pgp-encoded mails
>containing "umlaute" like .

Not that this is any great surprise, but I can reproduce this as well.
I sent myself the following message:

*snip*
This is a test:

, , , ,
, , , , 	CTRL+` (ACCENT GRAVE), the letter
, , , , ,
, , , , , 	CTRL+' (APOSTROPHE), the letter
, , , ,
, , , , 	CTRL+SHIFT+^ (CARET), the letter
, ,
, , 	CTRL+SHIFT+~ (TILDE), the letter
, , , , ,
, , , , , 	CTRL+SHIFT+: (COLON), the letter
, 	CTRL+SHIFT+@, a or A
, 	CTRL+SHIFT+&, a or A
, 	CTRL+SHIFT+&, o or O
, 	CTRL+, (COMMA), c or C
, 	CTRL+' (APOSTROPHE), d or D
, 	CTRL+/, o or O
	ALT+CTRL+SHIFT+?
	ALT+CTRL+SHIFT+!

*snip*

At the end I got several =3D symbols.  PMMail complains "ascii armor
input incomplete", and yet it decodes the message completely.  When I
erase the 3D part, there is no error.  I imagine this is a teeth-
grindingly frustrating situation for those who use umlauts.

PGP within PMMail has never worked for me.  I use it primarily when
sending and receiving via nym.alias.net.  The messages sent to me are
encoded first with a "PGP Conventional Encryption" wrapper (which
PMMail doesn't support), then encoded inside with PGP RSA-type
encryption.  I have resorted to using PGP Tray to decode my message.
Is it possible to add "Conventional Encryption" support to PMMail at
least?

Dave