[pmmail-list] TX Text Control

Gregory L. Marx pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 12:41:12 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001 12:45:44 -0300, PMMail OS/2 Support wrote:

<snip>

>There is really nothing we can say. The best solution to replace the
>Windows editor that we have found (or so I have been told) is the TX
>Text control. There is no OS/2 version. We have not found *any*
>solution to replace the OS/2 editor that is an improvement. We can
>not do anything about this reality.

Trevor,

Well ... then why in hell didn't BSW originally say so ???
The announcement you guys made certainly gave the impression that us OS2 users had nothing to worry about ...
That PMMail for OS2 would continued to be updated ... and the way I read the email was that TX Text Control was how it was going to be
done ...

That's why I checked their website ... To get the specifics on what I could expect from the "editing" engine in version 3 ...
BSW did NOT make it clear that TX Text Control was ONLY for the windows version ...

If it was, I promise you this list would have had a LOT more "negative" responses from us OS2 users on the announcement ...
As it was, people praised BSW for the continued support of OS2 ... which now turns out to not be the case at all ... at least in regard to an
updated editor for PMMail ...

We aren't stupid ... we know the "reality" as you put it ...
But you folks made the announcement ... and you weren't 100% forthcoming on what it meant for the OS2 version of PMMail ...
Instead you gave the impression that the OS2 version would continue to have parity with the windows version - via the TX Text Control ...

And now we know the truth ...
Thanks for the "honest" update ...

Greg