[pmmail-list] Header confusion for me

Anders Jarnberg pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 30 Jun 2001 09:26:32 +0200 (DST)

On Fri, 29 Jun 2001 19:51:13 -0300, PMMail OS/2 Support wrote:
>Later, in your Netscape message you get:

>>          with ESMTP id <20010629180102.EXAD7581.mf1@zilchmail.com>
>>          for <jarnberg@bredband.net>; Fri, 29 Jun 2001 20:01:02 +0200
>[...etc...]
>
>Notice Netscape reports the same IP as a different name. Either
>zilchmail.com = ad.doubleclick.net or you have a setting in your
>hosts file equating the IP with ad.doubleclic.net maybe?

Aha ! Ok, that comment got me on the right track. Looking through
the \mptn\etc\hosts file, I saw some remains from my ad-blocking
effort in 1999, where I tried (successfully) to block some ad networks.

I had ad.doubleclick.net in there, and my conclusion is that PMMail/2
goes there and picks up the synonym for 127.0.0.1 and adds it in the
header.

It's gone now, and this header should be ok.

Thanks for this and other hints about how to fix it.
--
Anders Jarnberg
Stockholm, Sweden