[pmmail-list] As long as...

Richard Knapp pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 20:53:29 -0500 (EST)

>>Yes, and I really like it, too. But that feature is kind of void
>>if the timing of the fetch gets out of synch between the accounts.

>It used to be the case that it was sensible to make it so, something
>wasn't thread safe and occasionally it would all fall over in a heap.
>Southsoft fixed this somewhere in 1.9x though, so it should be possible
>to sync all the fetches without problems now.

How? I can manually force them to occur at the same time but I can't schedule them at the same time. The
timer for the poll interval still seems to be attached to the end of the previous fetch, not the beginning. For
instance, I just fetched on all four of my accounts. Three ended at 8:31:11p while the fourth (this one)
completed at 8:32:21p. Already the poll times (one one poll) are out of synch.

It would be nice to either have the interval start at the beginning of the poll or to allow us to enter times - say
into a list box or something - for PMMail to poll. I might want two accounts to poll every hour on the hour,
another to poll at 8a, 12a, 4p, and 8p, and a third just once at 8a. I've seen this in a product MCI used to use.
Unfortunately, I can't remember the product.

Another option would be to have a utility that takes command line options telling PMMail to poll (kind of like
PMSend). I could then put that utility in a cron file and launch it when needed.

	- Richard