[pmmail-list] Signatures - feature request

Lueko Willms pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 01 Mar 2001 07:22:01 +0100 (MEZ)

On Thu, 01 Mar 2001 14:07:30 +1100 (EDT), Rod... Whitworth wrote:

> I don't do usenet but I looked up your reference and as the title implies the
> document never made RFC status and it only applied to news anyway so I'll stick
> to the main point: Any MUA that breaks because of it is broken and should be
> fixed.

  I do do USENET (NetNews) and can tell you that this convention of
the signature separator is mainly a nagging tool for nerds, and that
the problem of full quotes is not solved by this. Rather people
should learn to quote only those parts of a message that are actually
needed to understand their argument. The rest should not be quoted;
it only makes the message unreadable.

  And I second your main point.

Yours,
Lüko Willms