[pmmail-list] Signatures - feature request

Rod... Whitworth pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 01 Mar 2001 14:07:30 +1100 (EDT)

On Wed, 28 Feb 2001 15:40:39, Brian Morrison wrote:

>My sigs all have it, it is covered in the son-of-RFC1036 that relates
>to Usenet formats. The Good Net Keeping Seal of Approval (GNKSA) for
>newsreaders *requires* that the reader removes the sig when replying to
>avoid growth of articles to 32+ sigs at the end (yes I have seen a
>few).

Of course I noticed yours right after I posted that message!

I don't do usenet but I looked up your reference and as the title implies the
document never made RFC status and it only applied to news anyway so I'll stick
to the main point: Any MUA that breaks because of it is broken and should be
fixed.
best,