[pmmail-list] Signatures - feature request

Curtis Delzer pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 01 Mar 2001 15:19:35 -0800

You know what is interesting?  I am as certain as I know I am sitting
here that if anyone had to use speech witht their computers that any
one of you would have your comments before the quoted text.  Imagine
listening to the same lines over and over I.E. "On thursday . . .  On
Thursday . . . On Thursday, . . .  Get the idea?  Now those of you with
sight can just look down your screen to the place where the > symbols
stop and vuala you've got your comments even if they're only "amens" or
"I agree" ones...   Another point is that the  editor always puts your
cursor on the first line above the quotes so any of you have to either
arrow down past the quoted material or highlight what you wish quoted
and then put your comments purposely after the quotes, <why?>  :^)

On Thu, 01 Mar 2001 17:50:45 -0500, Gene Gough wrote:

>Ah common Frank!  I was using OS/2 starting with 1.1 and at was an Certified OS/2 engineer for 2.1+.  I
>use Win 2K now because IBM didn't work hard enough to get device drivers, etc. for all the new stuff.   I
>got totally fed up of fighting that fight.   I hated using Win 98 but had to tough it out.  Now using Win 2K
>I find it to not only support my devices but also is just a reliable and break free as OS/2 Warp 4 ever
>was/is.
>
>One of my pet peeves at IBM was the turkeys who would forward a TON of garbage in front of their
>comments in PROFS notes.   Now I see it in e-mail...
>

>On Thu, 1 Mar 2001 23:24:05 +0100 (MET), Frank Winkler - Sun Germany REOS - Munich wrote:
>
>=>The most interesting point is that the only people who penetrate the
>=>community with the form of messages you'd like to have are those using
>=>Windoze. But it's a known problem that M$ and its user violate any
>=>well-known habit they can ever find.
>=>
>

>Gene Gough                                         IBM - Retired                                                  Marietta, GA
>Gough Family Page  :  http://www.goughfamily.com/home/albums.htm
>Gough History           :  http://www.goughfamily.com/familytree/goughtree.html
>Professional  Page    :  http://www.goughfamily.com/resume/software_expert.html
>

>- pmmail-list - The PMMail Dicussion List ---------------------------
>To POST to the list, send your message to
>pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com

>line of the message body being...

TAKE CARE!
Curtis Delzer.  H.S.