[pmmail-list] Linux

Rod... Whitworth pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 02 Mar 2001 21:44:25 +1100 (EDT)

On Fri, 02 Mar 2001 10:00:30, Brian Morrison wrote:

>Yes, I read this article yesterday. Looks like Evolution is being
>worked on at quite a rate, but how I wish they had decided to make it
>look like something other than Outlook! However good the underlying
>code, I'm still likely to break out in cold sweats because the user
>interface looks horribly Micros~1-like.
>
>Now, if Evolution could be 'skinned' at least that association could be
>made to go away.

Yes, Brian, but the first point (and for this list the most relevant)
was that there is no really good MUA for Linux (gooey) right now.

Therefore PMmail has a window of opportunity. I'd gladly pay for
another platform licence for the client I've used for ages and
installed for many clients as well as doing a sales pitch when my
students (I am an IBM instructor in e-commerce and Linux courses) ask
for relief from OutBreak. Someone called that thing the "virus engine
of champions" - loved that!

<PULPIT>
Now if they'd only get a decent address book system for business.
</PULPIT>

Best,