[pmmail-list] Linux

Brian Morrison pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 02 Mar 2001 12:08:27

On Fri, 02 Mar 2001 21:44:25 +1100 (EDT), Rod... Whitworth wrote:

>Yes, Brian, but the first point (and for this list the most relevant)
>was that there is no really good MUA for Linux (gooey) right now.
>
>Therefore PMmail has a window of opportunity.

I've already told them I would happily cough up too. So far, no real
comment.

However, Evolution is moving very fast and in four to six months that
window will have closed. Not to mention that since the source is open
that bolting on widgets would not be hard, so in fact the other
solution is to take some of the PMMail features that are not in
Evolution and bolt them on then release under the GPL. Might still be
possible to charge for this, and then allow users to contribute fixes
and enhancements.

              do you know how far this has gone?
               just how damaged have I become?
                                      'Even Deeper' by Nine Inch Nails