[pmmail-list] Updated editor

Brian Morrison pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 02 Mar 2001 17:40:07

On Fri, 02 Mar 2001 11:51:13 -0500, Jimmy S. McCorquodale, Jr. wrote:

>Hello All,
>
>Right now we are working on updating the editor used within PMMail by
>replacing it with a third party one.  With this one we will will be
>able to correct many issues (High-ASCII characters, word wrapping,
>etc.) and add many new features (HTML, in-line images, etc.) all at
>once.

Oh no! HTML, in-line images! <spit> ;-)

>An early beta of the version with this editor should be ready in the
>next 2 weeks.
>
>With a component taking care of these issues/features, we will be able
>to focus on the other ones once this is implemented.
>

>There is a bit of bad news with it as well.  The company whose editor
>we will be using has an OS/2 version, but they stopped development on
>it so it has not been updated for some time.  Needless to say we will
>not be using their OS/2 editor.
>
>We did however receive the source code for the Windows version and are
>looking into porting it.

This is really bad, there is already enough differences between the
OS/2 and Win32 versions that it causes me grief, and it isn't all in
one direction either. If you do use it for the Windows version, what
would happen if you can't port to OS/2? Sounds like effectively it will
kill further development. And what about a putative Linux version? A
port there might be easier, but....

              do you know how far this has gone?
               just how damaged have I become?
                                      'Even Deeper' by Nine Inch Nails