[pmmail-list] Auto-print attachments - feature request

Lueko Willms pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 06 Mar 2001 20:23:15 +0100 (MEZ)

On Tue, 06 Mar 2001 10:32:06 -0800, Ramit Sethi wrote:

> I would love to have a feature where the following happens: if someone emails me a document with a specific subject (say,
> Print123), PMMail would automatically print the *attachment* (not the email message, it's unimportant).

> Could this be implemented using ICSL filters already,

   Yes.

  I've just again installed a PLANET printserver, which includes such
a software -- print to eMail (which I haven't installed).

  One part is effectively a port driver which does not physically
copy the print file to a printer, but sends the print file as eMail
to an eMail address which is picked up by the receiving end of this
software, which then copies it to the printer (via the printserver).

   But you can do what you want in PMMail by a filter -- you either
set up a specific address alias up for this purpose, or let the
sender put a specific keyword in the Subject (e.g. <printit!>) which
triggers the filter.

   In the filter, select as first action to save the attachement to a
given directory, then as second action to call a user hook (in the
backgrund) which prints the new file in the directory and then
deletes it.

> or could the developers please add this feature?

   No software changes needed.

Yours,
Lüko Willms
Frankfurt/Main